Are you planning a trip to Reykjavik, Iceland, and wondering how much a pint of beer will cost you? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this beer guide-style blog post, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about the price of a pint of beer in Reykjavik.
Let’s start with the basics. Reykjavik is the capital city of Iceland, and it’s known for its stunning natural beauty, unique culture, and, of course, its expensive prices. In fact, Reykjavik is one of the most expensive cities in the world, and this is especially true when it comes to alcohol. So, if you’re a beer lover, it’s important to be aware of the cost of a pint before you head to Reykjavik.
Average Cost of a Pint of Beer in Reykjavik
So, what does a pint cost in Reykjavik? On average, you can expect to pay around 1,200-1,500 Icelandic króna (ISK) for a pint of beer in a bar or restaurant in Reykjavik. This is equivalent to around £7-£9 or $9-$11.50 USD. However, it’s important to note that prices can vary depending on where you go, the type of beer you order, and the time of day.
The Cheapest Places to Get a Pint in Reykjavik
Now that you know the average cost of a pint of beer in Reykjavik, you might be wondering if there are any places where you can get a pint for less. The good news is that there are some options! Here are a few places where you can find cheaper pints in Reykjavik:
- Bónus Supermarket: Yes, you read that right. You can actually buy beer in supermarkets in Iceland, and Bónus is one of the cheapest places to get it. A can of beer will cost you around 200-300 ISK, which is a fraction of the cost of a pint in a bar or restaurant.
- Microbar: This cozy little bar in downtown Reykjavik is known for its selection of craft beers, and it’s also one of the cheapest places to get a pint in the city. Prices start at around 950 ISK for a pint, which is a bit lower than the average.
- Bryggjan Brugghús: This popular brewery and restaurant is located by Reykjavik harbor and offers a great atmosphere and some delicious food and beer. Prices are a bit higher than the other options on this list, but they’re still lower than many other places in the city.
The Most Expensive Places to Get a Pint in Reykjavik
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a fancy night out, there are plenty of places in Reykjavik that will charge you top dollar for a pint of beer. Here are a few of the most expensive places to get a pint in Reykjavik:
- Mikkeller & Friends: This trendy craft beer bar is located in downtown Reykjavik and offers a huge selection of beers from around the world. However, you’ll pay for the privilege – prices can be as high as 2,000 ISK for a pint.
- Kex Hostel: This popular hostel and bar in Reykjavik is known for its live music and bustling atmosphere, but it’s also one of the most expensive
Looking for somewhere with a shorter flight time? Check out the cost of a beer in Milan!